Last stages of aids

There is this girl I know that is living with full blown aids.I have been doing research on this diese and stories of people living with this to try to find something that i can do to help her cope with it better.I havent talked to this girl in years buit when i found out she was +I started trying to find ways to help her and her family cope with this.I guess she is in her final stages>She has went blind,she has to be pushed around in a wheel chair because she doesnt have the energy to walk far,she is losing her hair,and im not sure what else.But i cant help but to feel guilty>she hasnt done anything wrong>She hasnt done anything we all havent done.Now Im so worried that I have this.I really want to go see her but its hard to go around someone with this.So i guess my questions is where can i find information on the stages of aids and what to expect when I see her?Thanks for your time

Response from Dr. Horwath

Yes, it is hard to be around someone who is extremely ill. But the best thing you can do if you want to help is to ask if she wants any visitors. If she does, then visit her. The main benefit of your visit is to provide some companionship and concern. You don't have to be an expert on the stages of AIDS to do that. But I would advise you not to visit if you will burden her with your guilty feelings and worries about yourself. She doen't need that.

For information on AIDS, see www.thebody.com.

question from middle east
MRS