The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Mental Health and HIVMental Health and HIV
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Last stages of aids

Nov 1, 2004

There is this girl I know that is living with full blown aids.I have been doing research on this diese and stories of people living with this to try to find something that i can do to help her cope with it better.I havent talked to this girl in years buit when i found out she was +I started trying to find ways to help her and her family cope with this.I guess she is in her final stages>She has went blind,she has to be pushed around in a wheel chair because she doesnt have the energy to walk far,she is losing her hair,and im not sure what else.But i cant help but to feel guilty>she hasnt done anything wrong>She hasnt done anything we all havent done.Now Im so worried that I have this.I really want to go see her but its hard to go around someone with this.So i guess my questions is where can i find information on the stages of aids and what to expect when I see her?Thanks for your time

Response from Dr. Horwath

Yes, it is hard to be around someone who is extremely ill. But the best thing you can do if you want to help is to ask if she wants any visitors. If she does, then visit her. The main benefit of your visit is to provide some companionship and concern. You don't have to be an expert on the stages of AIDS to do that. But I would advise you not to visit if you will burden her with your guilty feelings and worries about yourself. She doen't need that.

For information on AIDS, see

question from middle east

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint