Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Mental Health and HIVMental Health and HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Lymph node pain
Oct 30, 2004

Hi Doctor. I had one sexual partner in my entire life. and i had unprotected sex with condom brokage bout 2 months ago. so far i been feeln somewhat fine, and i know u really cant tell if u have hiv based on symptons, but lately i been concerned about lymph node inflamation. parts of my body ache, like in the shoulder chest area and sumtimes on my neck and back. it comes and goes though,but there is nothing there. although sometimes i think its stress related. i havent experienced any symptons ,and i tested last week for hep a,b,and c. so far, neg , which is good, and hiv as well came out negative. my questions to you are the following:

When hiv enters the body , does it first enter the body, and attack the lymph nodes? if so, does it take a long time for this to occur or not?

2nd question: do ur lymph nodes pulsate? like ur veins?

3rd: even though i tested neg from the oraquik and blood tst after 2 months, i wanted to know that before that happend, can FULL symptons still occur with hiv even if u still test out negative?

Response from Dr. Horwath

If you're HIV test is negative, then you are not experiencing symptoms of HIV infection. The test measures the antibody response to the presence of HIV antigens. If your test measures no antibodies, then your immune system has not been exposed to HIV and you would not experience HIV-related symptoms.

Previous
Testing
Next
Prevent HIV in population

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.