I don't believe the tests

HI, my husband has been diagnosed with HIV in October of last year. After being with him for 6 years using unprotected sex, I am negative. I am happy, but I'm waiting for the ball to drop for a positive status. How can I be negative? I am confused. I live in Columbus, Ohio and there are no support groups for partners with hiv positive partners. I'm 31 and feel like I'm watching my life fade in front of me.

Thanks for being here.

Response from Dr. Horwath

You can be negative for a variety of reasons. Your husband may have a very low viral load, or you may have some natural resistance to acquiring HIV infection. Whatever the reason, at this point it is important not to be reckless. You should use condoms during sex and protect yourself from now on.

HIV associated Dementia: Modified HIV dementia scale
ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR LIGHTENING THE MOOD OF CARE GIVERS?