Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Mental Health and HIVMental Health and HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

mr
Oct 30, 2004

dear Dr.

I thank you for taking the time to my question and those of us who are dealing with different mental illnesses my one is i have been treated for toxo twice before. now is diffrent frome the previous toxo problem which is i have constant headache every day so when i told my Dr he prescribe me sulphadizine 4 tablets four times a day ,pyrimetamine three tablets a day and folic acid once a day for about six weeks but it doesn't make any change so i had MRI scan for the third time still show abnormallity in my brain and the headace is getting worst,and they gave me another medicine to take which is Atovaquone to take 5ml spoonful twice a day still i have the same constant headace please could you help me what to do.

thank you

Response from Dr. Horwath

You should continue to work with your doctors. Toxoplasma infection of the brain is treatable, but the symptoms may persist for some time after the infection is under control. Make sure you report all the symptoms to your doctors and you may be able to get additional medical treatment to relieve these symptoms.

Previous
Paranoia relating to aging, and inevitably dying
Next
HIV Related Brain Impairment and a correlation with meningitis

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.