Anti histamines and mood

Dear Dr Horwath, I am positive and am not on any HIV medication. I recently started taking anti histamines (Clarinase, 5mg loratadine and 120mg pseudoephedrine sulfate). I have beome very short tempered recently. I have been taking the medication for about 2 weeks now and I would like to know if it is a side effect of the drug, It is getting very irritating because I realise that I tend to 'snap' at people easier and actually get very agitated; little things begin to affect me. I get irritated and/or upset most of the time, and I wonder what I am fussing about! I am a little worried because I cannot stop taking Clarinase as my blocked nose wouldn't go away, at least for now. But I don't know if it is affecting me CNS.

Thank you and Good Day.

Response from Dr. Horwath

Agitation, restlessness and insomnia are known side effects of pseudoephedrine. Loratadine probably does not contribute to these adverse effects. If you stop the pseudoephedrine and the symptoms resolve, then you will know what the likely cause is.

freaked out young man
13 years positive