Symptons to HIV? Or Anxiety?

Hello, I stumbled upon this website about 2 weeks ago, in which two weeks prior I had an encounter with a sex worker that performed unprotected oral sex on me (I being the insertive, and she being the receiver). Since then I have been reading up constantly from website to website the risk of HIV transmission via oral sex is considered to be extremely low, but the risk of getting STI's like herpes, and syphilis is much greater. My symptoms started exactly the time I dug out all this information it basically created a panic type of mode in my mind for me to think to myself what the hell did I do to myself and my family!!

My symptoms are as follows... Stomach churning (intermitent diarhea), burning eyes (could be senitive to light), hot flashes, light headedness, and sometimes dizzy. I find myself replaying the horrible scenario in my head over and over I just can't get over the fear of what if? Since then I have been tested for the major stuff that you can get from a unprotected blow job and I came up clean, I am now awaiting what my HIV test are going to come back at, its been now 4 weeks and 1 day since my exposure.

Is this HIV? Or is it stress and Anxiety Doc?

Response from Dr. Horwath

The symptoms you describe are not due to HIV infection. Most of the signs associated with HIV infection take years to develop. Your symptoms are clearly an anxiety reaction to your potential exposure.

The exposure you described is fairly low risk, but you would be smart to avoid even low risk exposures by always using condoms when you have sex. That would help to prevent these anxiety attacks, and most importantly, it would prevent an exposure to HIV infection.

brain atrophy
Why live on....