|life span of a person
Sep 14, 2004
How long has any one person lived with HIV?
| Response from Dr. Horwath
I don't know the exact answer to that question. However, I do know that there are some long term survivors (usually refered to as non-progressors), who have been HIV+ for years and have not become ill, even without treatment. Since the epidemic began around 1980, that would mean that the longest survivors would be in the range of 20-24 years. Why some people with HIV infection do not progress to become ill is not well understood, unfortunately.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Is The Life Span Of A Person Infected With Herpes?
- Is Groin Pain A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Blood In Semen After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Anal With Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Fever After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.