Sep 3, 2004
I have insomnia most nights of the week. I am a flight attendant, so I take Ambien on layovers when i must get required rest (about 10 nights a month) but what can I do the nights at home when I simply cannot fall asleep?
| Response from Dr. Horwath
Ambien is an excellent remedy for insomnia. Your are correct to use occasionally rather than nightly. It tends to be more effective that way.
For more regular use, you could try Trazodone 25-5o mg at bedtime. It is effective but does not cause dependence or tolerance.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What If You Took Medicine For Chlamydia And I Still Have Symptoms What Does That Mean?
- What Happens If You Have Unprotected Sex And You Have Hpv?
- What Causes Genital Warts To Come Back?
- Vitamins And Natural Supplements For Hpv
- Took Antibiotics As Prescribed For Chlamydia And Still Have Symptoms
- Is There A Test For Herpes At Home?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.