Sep 3, 2004
I have insomnia most nights of the week. I am a flight attendant, so I take Ambien on layovers when i must get required rest (about 10 nights a month) but what can I do the nights at home when I simply cannot fall asleep?
Response from Dr. Horwath
Ambien is an excellent remedy for insomnia. Your are correct to use occasionally rather than nightly. It tends to be more effective that way.
For more regular use, you could try Trazodone 25-5o mg at bedtime. It is effective but does not cause dependence or tolerance.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Groin Pain After Insertive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.