He wants to marry me, not aware of my HIV status

Very much in love with a negative partner. Started the relationship in March and found out in April that I am positive. I really love him and I want to really tell him because I won't live well with him if he does not know. He is planning to marry me and we wants to have a child. I just do not know when is the right time to tell him. We are using condom now and its really nice. We are 286 kms away from each other. My gynecologist advised me to call him to my place and we go together to disclose. I am afraid of losing him, he is a very quiet and sensitive person. N.N FS - South Africa

Response from Dr. Horwath

You need to tell him, and the right time is now. If your gynecologist or another health professional is willing to join you in telling him, that may be very helpful. Now matter how you tell him, it will be difficult. If you have a health professional to assist you, then it will be easier to answer his questions and concerns about medical issues, sex, having children, etc.

Good luck, I hope it works out for both of you.

DR.HOWARTH A QUESTION FROM INDIA.
ECT for depression