Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Mental Health and HIVMental Health and HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

He wants to marry me, not aware of my HIV status
Aug 26, 2004

Very much in love with a negative partner. Started the relationship in March and found out in April that I am positive. I really love him and I want to really tell him because I won't live well with him if he does not know. He is planning to marry me and we wants to have a child. I just do not know when is the right time to tell him. We are using condom now and its really nice. We are 286 kms away from each other. My gynecologist advised me to call him to my place and we go together to disclose. I am afraid of losing him, he is a very quiet and sensitive person. N.N FS - South Africa

Response from Dr. Horwath

You need to tell him, and the right time is now. If your gynecologist or another health professional is willing to join you in telling him, that may be very helpful. Now matter how you tell him, it will be difficult. If you have a health professional to assist you, then it will be easier to answer his questions and concerns about medical issues, sex, having children, etc.

Good luck, I hope it works out for both of you.

Previous
DR.HOWARTH A QUESTION FROM INDIA.
Next
ECT for depression

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.