The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Mental Health and HIVMental Health and HIV
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary


Aug 26, 2004

I live in poughkeepsie,ny and want to know if anyone can help me find a mental health doctor that takes medicade or wellcare,who deals with hiv people who are trying to stay in recovery and deal with this disease.I was in recovery,and I have started to abuse reefer and I don't want my drug use to go any further again.I really need some help.Please

Response from Dr. Horwath

Try calling a community mental health center in Poughkeepsie. You should be able to find one by contacting the county or state department of health or mental health.

Another tactic would be to call the NY State Psychiatric Association and see if they have anyone on their referral list who could meet your needs.

You can also go directly to a drug abuse program by trying to find the local Narcotics Anonymous or asking the mental health agency for a referral to a drug program.

Teen HIV+ and dating

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint