Response to send in the clowns

Hi Doc, Thanks for all the time everyone gives to this site and to HIV+ people. Just wanted to say I noticed in the post "send in the Clowns" that a repeating theme is this person is "all alone". Please assure them they are not alone. I, too am a loner (sort of) but once I came to realize that I wasn't alone, that there are people out there just like me and we can help each other I started to open up and feel better. Some times just getting out of ones own head by forcing yourself to reach out can be better than any medicine out there. In fact this is one of the basics of A.A. (which I am also a member of) and they have the best success rate of any substance abuse program. Please, dont feel like you need to do this alone! NO ONE CAN! We need each other! Life is beautiful! Thanks for letting me share. Tom

Response from Dr. Horwath

Three cheers for reaching out to others. Thank you for your encouraging words.

Mental Recovery Assistance
Pharmaceuticals for depression not effective