HOW CAN PARTNER/CARE GIVER HELP TO LIFT SPIRITS?

HI Dr.E: Thank you for everything you do, and God bless you. I am in a 32 year relationship with a guy who has been positive since 1988. His survival and reasonably good health are truely remarkable. Yet, at times, he becones so dispirited and stressed (from the diseasee as well as the meds) that he is very difficult to be around. Howver, I know that is when he needs me the most. I am totally committed to this and need suggestions as to how to help him, and me, lift our spirits, and both be more fun to be around. (Friends have slowly but surely fadded away on us.) Thanks much.

Response from Dr. Horwath

Your friend and you might benefit from an HIV support group. If you can find one in your area, that might be helpful to provide some support and encouragement.

However, if your friend has severe or persistent depression, he may need a some professional help, like an evaluation by a mental health professional.

HIV fear, am i hypochondriac. 4th try please answer.
Still Depressed and Not Seeing Any Hope