LIMOTRIGINE AND WHAT IT DOES TO YOUR HEART?

I HAVE BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH AIDS DEMENTIA! I AM BIPOLAR AS WELL AND MY PSYCHIATRIST HAS PRESCIRBED LAMOTRIGINE! HE MADE A VAUGE REFERENCE TO IT EFFECTING THE LEFT SIDE OF YOUR HEART! I HAVE BEEN FEELING A STRANGE SENSATION ON THE LEFT SIDE OF MY HEART AND AM CONCERNED! THE PSYCHIATRIST SAID IT WAS NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT! AT TIMES IT FEELS AS THOUGH MY VENTRICLE IS FIBRULATING NOT THAT I KNOW WHAT THAT FEELS LIKE BUT I AM GUESSING! MY CONCERN IS DAMAGE OR HEART FAILURE! HELP

Response from Dr. Horwath

I'm not sure to what your psychiatrist was referring. Lamotrigine is not known for toxic effects on the heart.

The symptoms that you are experiencing are most likely signs of anxiety. You cannot feel ventricular fibrilation. However, people with severe anxiety often feel physical feelings like chest tightness and palpitations. I advise that you address the anxiety symptoms with your psychiatrist.

Please answer, life in doldrums.
Dementia Question