HIV + for 12 years, need counseling

hello,

I wonder if you can recommend a psychiatrist in las vegas or somewhere to go for counseling.

i am 36 and have been hiv + for 12yrs. after rejection from family long ago i do not disclose my status to anyone. except to go to the grocery store and work i really dont go out. I really have no one and most of the time it is very depressing. i have other issues also i am sure. This is not living and i need help. if you can recomend someone it would be a lot of help. thanx

Response from Dr. Horwath

The American Psychiatric Association (APA) has district branches in every state. If you contact the Nevada district branch, they will provide a list of psychiatrists in your area. If available, this may include those who have an interest or experience in treating persons with HIV.

The APA also has an Office of HIV Psychiatry, which provides much useful information at:

The American Psychological Association may have similar referral sources in your area.

When does one need HIV treatment?
How long after can Hiv be detected