my son

This is not about HIV, but I was hopping that you could answer some questions that I have? I have a 12 year old son that says that he see things and I'm sure that what he is seeing isn't really there, becuase I or anyone else doesn't see these things that he see's. What could be wrong with him? And how can I get him some help? And what would this be called? Please help me if there is anyway possible.

Response from Dr. Horwath

You should have your son evaluated by a child psychiatrist. Younger children sometimes have very active fantasies that may be worrisome to their parents. However, your son is getting to the age at which this usually stops. It is best to have him evaluated. If it is just an active fantasy life, fine. However, if it's the onset of an illness, you should know sooner rather than later.

fear of hiv 2 -ars rash 18 yrs ago
HIV fear and OCD