The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Mental Health and HIVMental Health and HIV
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

my son

Jul 6, 2004

This is not about HIV, but I was hopping that you could answer some questions that I have? I have a 12 year old son that says that he see things and I'm sure that what he is seeing isn't really there, becuase I or anyone else doesn't see these things that he see's. What could be wrong with him? And how can I get him some help? And what would this be called? Please help me if there is anyway possible.

Response from Dr. Horwath

You should have your son evaluated by a child psychiatrist. Younger children sometimes have very active fantasies that may be worrisome to their parents. However, your son is getting to the age at which this usually stops. It is best to have him evaluated. If it is just an active fantasy life, fine. However, if it's the onset of an illness, you should know sooner rather than later.

fear of hiv 2 -ars rash 18 yrs ago
HIV fear and OCD

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint