Jul 6, 2004
Which drugs with good CNS penetration would these be? I am currently taking viramune/epivir/zerit? Also are the alzheimer drugs beneficial? Thank You
| Response from Dr. Horwath
There are several antiretroviral drugs with known good CNS penetration. These include zidovudine (AZT, Retrovir), stavudine (Zerit), lamivudine (Epivir), nevirapine (Viramune), and indinavir (Crixivan). In general, the protease inhibitors do not have good CNS penetration, with the exception of indinavir.
Of the 3 meds you are taking, they are all good penetrators.
There have been no studies with drugs currently used to treat Alzheimer's disease.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Diarrhea After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have
- Painful Red Spots After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Touching Vaginal Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Can An Sexually Transmitted Disease Cause White Vaginal Discharge?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.