HIV tests and anti-depressants
May 10, 2004
Thank you for your very informative and invaluable information.
My question is whether the taking of Zoloft (Sertraline 50mg) and Risperdal 0.5mg (Risperidone 0.5mg) has any impact on the results of HIV tests such as the PCR QUALITATIVE and ELISA tests?
Response from Dr. Horwath
No, these medications have no significant effect on serologic tests such as these.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Touching Vaginal Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Sensual Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Catch Hepatitis From Saliva?
- How Effective Is Std Blood Testing?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.