Do SNRI's dangerously raise adrenaline levels?

Hi, My psychologist recommends I take Effexor for my depression and anxiety, which have become big problems for me over the past few months. I was infected a year ago and am healthy, unmedicated with a low viral load and ok T's. I don't know much about brain chemistry, but understand that Effexor "inhibits the reuptake" of norepinephine. Would this mean increasing norepinephine (adrenaline)levels in my blood in general (or just in my brain?)or just smoothing the levels out? I've read that HIV replicates much faster in the presence of norepinephrine, and don't want to feel happier at the expense of my viral load.

Thanks

Response from Dr. Horwath

It is true that one of the effects of Effexor and many other antidepressants is to inhibit the reuptake of norepinephine. However, there is no evidence that the antidepressants have any effect on viral load. In fact, if you look at the evidence on depression in those with HIV, you find that the presence of depression is associated with shorter survival in people with AIDS. This may be due to the affects of depression on adherence to HAART, or may be due to other causes, but the treatment of depression in HIV is clearly indicated.

By the way, norepinephrine is not adrenaline, it is noradrenaline, a related but different molecule.

List of current antidepressants and effected neurotransmitter
The use of Antidepressants