Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Mental Health and HIVMental Health and HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

In love with a man who has HIV
Apr 18, 2004

I am female. I've enjoyed a close friendship with a male for the past year or so. We've each talked freely about our attractions to the same sex, but there seems to be something developing between us. I know he has HIV, and there seems to be an unspoken rule or rules that keeps us from crossing the line. While, at times we just get lost in each other's eyes or hug for long periods of time.

He's never been with a woman. I've been celibate since 1998.

You may not have an answer for me here, but here is my observation:

Isn't it something how sometimes it's late in life that we meet that person we might have been meant to spend it with after all?

I'll never stop loving this man, although I know at this point we have to believe in a next life to have hope of being together in the future.

I know he may be the only man I will ever love or was ever meant to love. I pray for the end of this disease.

Response from Dr. Horwath

You have been blessed with meeting someone whom you love. A special person may come along only once in your life. It is wise to enjoy him and stick with him as long as you both desire to.

If that's what you would like, then the other questions you may have can be dealt with in time. Questions such as: how long do we have together? why did I meet him at this time in my life? should we have sex? etc.

Previous
Trizivir and depression??
Next
Benzo Withdrawal

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.