is this safe ? restoril, klonipin & ambien?

I have been taking restoril and klonipin at night to go to sleep prescribed by PCP. Now my psychiatrist has prescribed ambien for me to sleep. Is it safe to stop restoril and klonipin and switch to ambien ? Thank you for reading my question and taking the time to answer me back.

Response from Dr. Horwath

The safety of stopping Restoril and Klonopin depends largely on how much you were taking and for how long. If it was low dose Restoril (7.5-15 mg/night) and Klonopin (1 mg/night), there is no particular danger in stopping and switching to Ambien. However, at higher doses taken for long periods of time, suddenly stopping can lead to anxiety, nervousness, insomnia, restlessness, and in extremely serious cases, seizures.

Afraid of Contracting HIV from my Positive Partner
Zoloft and anti virals