Afraid of Contracting HIV from my Positive Partner

My partner has recently been diagnosed with HIV. I love him a great deal and we've always been safe. Recently I've given a lot of thought to my own status but can't come to grips with getting tested. I am scared to death. As a result I've been sabatoging the relationship because eventhough we've been safe sexually I'm worried about everyday life; grabbing the wrong toothbrush, grabbing the wrong razor, etc. I do love this man and don't want to ruin what we have but I can't live on edge either. Any suggestions on getting past the scare would be appreciative. Thank you

Response from Dr. Horwath

If you have been practicing safe sex, then you need not be so frightened. Everyday contact from living under the same roof is not associated with a risk of HIV infection.

However, your concerns are understandable. You need to get past these fears if you want to remain in your relationship. You might try finding a counselor or group of HIV discordant couples that can help you to cope with your fears. Talking about your concerns is likely to be very helpful.

whats the chance
is this safe ? restoril, klonipin & ambien?