Rollercoaster

I was diagnosed two years ago with HIV. Since then I've been on an emotional rollercoaster; grief, anger, depression, frustration. I'm sure this is common for folks in my shoes. I have a counselor, I am part of an HIV positive social group, I take antidepressants, but still feel I'm on the rollercoaster ride. Are there any other avenues I could try? I'm sure with time it gets better, at least I hope so.

Thanks for your time.

Response from Dr. Horwath

Grief, anger, and frustration are part of the experience of coping with illness of any kind. Nobody asks to be ill, but once you are, you have no choice but to try to find a way to cope with it. This means that there will be times when you feel frustrated and angry, and times when you grieve over your losses. It can be extremely helpful to talk about these feelings with someone in whom you can trust and confide. This could be a trusted friend or a therapist, but talking is likely to be helpful.

long time survivor still fearing the worst
What age should children be taught about HIV?