Depakote & Labs Test

I've been HIV+ for three years and my viral load in September of 03 was 28052. In Febuary 02 my viral load downed to 708. I'm not taking meds and the only change has been I started taking Depakote. Are there any studies that show Depakote impacting viral load?

Response from Dr. Horwath

There are no good studies investigating the effects of Depakote on viral load in people with HIV infection. There are some lab studies which suggested that Depakote might have augment viral reproduction, but these studies were not done in people, and there is no evidence of a similar effect in people with HIV infection.

In any case, your viral load dropped after starting Depakote. However, there is no scientific reason to believe that the drop in viral load was due to the effects of Depakote.

Lexapro dose
Possible hiv and my mental state?