Lexapro dose

hello Dr. I am currently on seven hiv meds-I am very treatment experienced. Thank god my viral load is finally undectable. I have suffered from severe depression for years and have been taking 10mg. of lexapro for 4 months. One night I upped the dose to 20 mg. and seemed to feel much better. Do you think I had a real benefit from the higher dose? If so should I ask my Doc. to change my dose to 20 mg. per day. I would appreciate you thoughts. Thankyou

Response from Dr. Horwath

Some patients who do not respond to Lexapro 10 mg/day, do benefit from a higher dose, like 20 mg/day. However, the benefits of an increased dose of Lexapro do not begin on the same day. As with other antidepressants, the benefits of the drug or of a dosage increase usually take several weeks to appear. If you think you felt better from taking a single higher dose, then we cannot honestly attribute it to the medication.

antidepressents and neausea
Depakote & Labs Test