Mar 9, 2004
when you say someone has irrational fear of being infected with hiv, do you mean that it is irrational that they think they have exactly what elicits an hiv antibody response, or that they think that despite negative serologies, they might have contracted an infectious agent that can result in aids-like complications?
Response from Dr. Horwath
Irrational fears come in many forms. Some people have an irrational fear that they have become infected even though they have not had a real exposure. Others have had exposures followed by multiple negative serologies, but continue to have the irrational fear that they are infected. These are among the more common types of fears, but I'm sure that there are others.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Achy Balls After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Mouth After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.