Post diagnosis memory loss

My partner was diagnosed HIV+ near the end of December 2003. On January 11, 2004 he began getting very confused and losing his memory. For about 9 days he was behaving almost like an individual with Alzheimers. After about 9 days he began to come back to reality. He is unable to remember things from recent and distant past prior to the 9th day. He doesn't even remember having a relationship with me. He just knows that I'm a familiar person to him. Every doctor, neurologist, and therapist has said that its probably PTSD from his HIV diagnosis. I know that's common, but is striking 3wks to a month after the diagnosis common? It's now been over 1 month since the onset, will he ever remember who I am. He treats me like a stranger. Is hypnosis an option? Any information would be helpful. Thank you.

Response from Dr. Horwath

Memory loss of this sort is not typical for PTSD. You may want to get a second opinion from another neurologist or psychiatrist with experience in the field of HIV infection. In cases of severe memory impairment, it is considered important to first rule out organic or medical causes of the problem before concluding that the cause is psychological.

pimple liek bumps
this is too overwhelming