period between HIV infection & Symptoms
Mar 3, 2004
I would like to know how long it takes for a person infected with HIV takes to really get down with AIDS assuming no medication is applied.
Response from Dr. Horwath
The average time between the initial infection with HIV and the development of AIDS (in the absence of treatment) is ten years. It's important to remember that this is an average. Some people develop illness sooner, and some people go on much longer without a sign of illness.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Ear Infection After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Sex With Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Swallowing Cum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- How Do Lesbians Protect Themselves From Stds?
- White Blood Cell Genital Vaginal
- Difference Between White Coating And Thrush
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.