period between HIV infection & Symptoms
Mar 3, 2004
I would like to know how long it takes for a person infected with HIV takes to really get down with AIDS assuming no medication is applied.
Response from Dr. Horwath
The average time between the initial infection with HIV and the development of AIDS (in the absence of treatment) is ten years. It's important to remember that this is an average. Some people develop illness sooner, and some people go on much longer without a sign of illness.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Testicles After Touching A Bloody Scab Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Sharing Razors Or Drinks?
- Std That Causes Sharp Pain On Left Side Of Stomach
- Can I Still Work As An Nurse If I Have Hiv?
- Can You Get Anything Sucking Someone's Cock Without A Condom?
- Cut On Penis Unprotected Anal
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.