ZOLOFT

I have a Question about Zoloft? I was put on it 2 months ago by my doc and she recommended 25mg per day. well it wasnt working so I went to 50mg a day. That wastnt working so I went to 100mg a day and then finally I said the hell with it. How long does it take to exit your body, I experienced crazy withdrawls coming off of it all of a sudden. Is it dangerous to stop like that and if so what can it do to your immune system. I feel I need to be on a antidepp but zoloft just didnt work for me can you recommend others that are out there so I can ask my doc about it. thank S/F

Response from Dr. Horwath

You may have given up too soon. Zoloft is most effective at doses above 100 mg/day. In fact it is often used in doses up to 200 mg/day, which is sometimes required for optimum treatment response.

Yes. some people experience symptoms if they suddenly stop this drug. This is not dangerous or harmful to the immune system, but it can be uncomfortable for some.

shingles
period between HIV infection & Symptoms