Mar 3, 2004
Im a 15 yr old white male, and today my doctor told me i have the shingles. I was wondering if I could die from it, and if so, what are the chances?
| Response from Dr. Horwath
No, shingles is a painful and unsightly skin eruption, but it is not life threatening. In fact, it is self-limited and will resolve on its own without treatment in most cases.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Die From Shingles?
- Sore Testicles After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Bleeding While Giving Oral Sex
- Blood Splashed In Eye Hiv Rapid Negative
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.