Are chronic yeast infections a sign of HIV?

I am 24 yrs old. I am married, & have been sexually active with my husband only for the last 5 years, and we have a healthy three year old. Prior to our relationship, unfortunatly I had unprotected sex with as many as 20 partners, from the time I was 15 years old to 18 years old. I had an HIV test done during pregnancy and it was negative, but since I've had my son, I suffer from recurrent yeast infections. Candida. My immune system is very weak, I have severe allergies, and am extremly fatigued. Is it possible that HIV wasnt detected during pregnancy or was dormant, and perhaps I could still be infected?. Sincerely, confused and worried

Response from Dr. Horwath

I assume you mean vaginal yeast infections. These are extremely common and are not indicative of HIV infection. Similarly, allergies are not indicative of HIV infection, and fatigue has multiple potential causes. The HIV test is extremely sensitive, and there is good reason to be confident in the results.

I have become undectable now what ??
HI SIR