Am i HIV -

Hii Doctor

I am a very worried soul. Since July 2003, i had a few sexual encounters. My last sexual encounter was 25 Nov 2003. I had protected vaginal intercourse for all my 10-11 sexual encounters. However there was a few occassion probably 3-4 times, where i had unprotected oral sex. I realise that HIV transmission through oral sex is low. However, i did my HIV test on 17 Jan 2004. This is done almost 7.5 weeks or 53 days after my last exposure. My result came back negative. Can i take this as my final and conclusive result? Or do i need to to go for further test in upcomings. I am really mentally tired....what should i do? The counsellor told me that there was no reason for me to go for another test..is he right?? Pls advice..is 7.5 weeks after exposure and a negative test, a good indication??? I never had any unprotected vaginal intercourse...always had a condom on. Thank you..pls reply asap

Response from Dr. Horwath

The important information you provided is that you used condoms during sexual intercourse. Oral sex is extremely low risk.

For this reason, the negative HIV test is consistent with your low risk. Continue to maintain safe sex, and you will not need to worry about test results.

Is it natural stress or is the hiv treatment
I have become undectable now what ??