Is it natural stress or is the hiv treatment

I started hiv treatment one month ago after having been infected for 12 years. I am taking crixivan+combivir. Some of the side effects I am experiencing include: nausea, fever, palpitations, muscle pain in chest and arms, loss of apetite and depression.

Are these symptoms commonly associated to the treatment I just started, or could it be that the depression is caused by the trauma itself that taking the treatment represents for me? I started taking Prozac, but discontinued shortly after. Is there in principle a counterindication between the treatement and prozac (or any other anti-depressant)? Should I seek help with a psychotherapist or a psychatrist?

Thanks for your advice.

Response from Dr. Horwath

Nausea, fever, and muscle pain are not symptoms of depression. Yes, starting treatment can be a difficult time, and can be associated with depression.

Prozac is not contraindicated with the HAART drugs you are taking. It is relatively safe in combination with antiretrovirals.

You would be well advised to seek an evaluation from a psychiatrist, who can provide an evaluation and treatment recommendations.

nipples & dirty cloth
Am i HIV -