need some comfort!!!!!

hello Dr. Horwath and thank you for all the much needed help you provide many of us with. I really need some peace of mind. I have remained abstinent for two years. I have had no possible exposures to hiv since then. Over the holidays I began to feel sick and it wasn't the regular cold/flu. I was extremely tired, my body ached, I felt very disoriented, I had a very sore throat, and the symptoms have stuck around now for about 6 weeks. I am now seeing floaters and my vision is a little blurred When it first began my immediate thought was that I might have hiv. I went to the doctor and I asked him to test me for everything (hiv, hep -a,b,c, mono, ect.) Everything was negative except for the mono, it was positive. This might sound like a stupid question, but is a possibility at all that since I do have mono that it affected my hiv results. Please help me, the anxiety and fear is overwhelming. thank you so much!!!!

Response from Dr. Horwath

The symptoms - fatigue, sore throat - you describe are consistent with mononucleosis. You tested HIV negative and your persistent worries about the test results is a sign of anxiety. Let it go.

Seizures and HIV treatment
unpleasant side effects of zoloft