Feb 10, 2004
I know that Remeron/mirtazapine increases serotonin levels. But, does it result in higher levels of metabolized serotonin in urine? I need to know, because it is important to whether it will affect a test result.
Response from Dr. Horwath
I'm not sure what test you're planning to take. Urinary clearance of the metabolites of serotonin have been measured in some research studies. The amounts involved are very minuscule and usually require a highly specialized lab to measure.
There are no widely available clinical tests that would pick up such minute quantitites.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Testing Negative After Sex With A Prostitute
- Burning Penis After Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Eating Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Urination After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.