|positive or negative?
Feb 5, 2004
i have just arrived back from a clinic in asia where my hiv test was negative, the reason i went there was because 2 weeks ago i done a home test which read as positive. i am now confused as to what to believe can you give me any advise?
| Response from Dr. Horwath
I don't know which type of home test you used. Professional laboratories use a combination of a test called ELISA, which is extremely sensitive, and if positive is confirmed with a test called the Western blot, which is highly specific.
If you have doubts, repeat the test at another lab with a good professional reputation.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Shingles After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Touching Period Blood Worried I Have HIV
- Can I Get Genital Herpes If I Used A Condom?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.