i need a doctor!

i dont know how to start off this letter so i guess ill start from the beginning. about two years ago i was diagnosed with the hiv virus.i went to a comm. clinic but they turned me away when i got msi but there is nowhere else for me to go. i need to go to therapy because i dont like the way this disease is taking over my life. i cant get a job and i miss working. often i think about being put to sleep like a dog because i just dont see the point in living when there is no cure. i dont even know how sick i am its been a little over a year the last time i was at the doctors.please help me if you can. thank you anahiem,california samantha

Response from Dr. Horwath

You should be eligible for some type of assistance in order to get treatment. Contact local support agencies to investigate.

If you're feeling that you should be "put to sleep," then you are suffering from depression. Feeling hopeless like this is a definite symptom of depression. You should see someone (a psychiatrist or psychologist) who can evaluate you and treat your depression.

Although it is true that there is no cure for AIDS, it is not the case that it is hopeless. The antiretroviral medications and treatments for complications like opportunistic infections have improved greatly the life expectancy and quality of life for people with AIDS. There is also much cause for hope that the treatments will continue to improve with time.

Treatment with Zyprexa
Antidepressants