Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Mental Health and HIVMental Health and HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

hyperplasia lysis of lymphnode
Feb 3, 2004

I had a biopsy of my lymphnode in April that said that it appeared to have follicular hyperplasia and lysis. I tested for Epstein Barr and HIV (twice) all of these tests came out negative. It had been 14 mos since there would have been any type of exposure. 9 months later I got 2 more lymphnodes removed and they still have showed the same thing. I still have not had exposure, 2 years now. I have always abstained by choice, mainly because of std's. Now, I am going crazy thinking I have this and the tests aren't showing it for some reason. Do you know of anything else that could present itself in lymphnodes this way? I went back to one of the places I got tested and they told me they wouldn't even recommend getting tested again since I have had no exposure, and the test is extremely accurate and it was well over 6 months since I would possibly have been exposed. Please tell me what you think. Thank You

Response from Dr. Horwath

Younhave very convincingly ruled out the possibility of HIV infection. I would recommend following the advice of the testing center. You don't need any more HIV tests.

Previous
Need to know for peace of mind!
Next
Possible Exposure

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.