dating some one with HIV

For the past 3 weeks I've been dating a guy who is HIV positive. There's been no sexual intercourse involved in our relationship but things are getting serious between him and I. I guess what I am trying to get at here is we both have concerns and decisions need to be made. We both started to talk about our concerns and the conversation started to get heated between him and I. I suggessted going to counseling for this but he didn't say a word. I don't know where to go from here there is alot that needs to be talked about if this relationship gets any serious than it is , can someone please HELP!

Response from Dr. Horwath

From your description, I'm not clear what the issues are. I understand that your friend is HIV positive, but what was your heated conversation about? You've only known each other for 3 weeks. What don't you agree about? Do you have some disagreement about sex? It's clear that you need to use safe sex in order to protect yourself from HIV infection (I assume you're HIV negative, but you didn't specify). What are your and his concerns? Hopefully, you and he can find a way to talk.

Coping with being HIV+
depression