Anxiety ? Early HIV Infection?

I've been under a lot of stress and anxiety lately. Due to possible exposure too HIV. I tested negative after 18 weeks of exposure with an old girlfriend. She tested 1 week after i did and tested negative also.

But i've been with dry mouth, loss of apetite, soft feces sometimes watery when going to bathroom(which my Gastroenterologist said i have a gastritis and nervous colon due to stress, so he gave me medicines that helped fix that).

I've been on a diet for month now, but didn't expect to lose 12 pounds in month without going to a gym!?

Right now a lot of people in my office had the flu so i've been with a cold and kind off sore throat and constipated ears(i suffered from sinusitis before) and i feel kind off down.

So i've been experiencing night sweats sometimes, swollen muscles on shoulders and neck,insomnia, and i think i've had swollen lymphs nodes on my groin area..but don't know if that is because of the recent flu i've had. I'm really worried and need an anwser please. I've always been kind of Hipochondriac but still, How effective is an ELISA test after 18 weeks of exposure.

Response from Dr. Horwath

It sounds like you have a case of the flu. The symptoms you described - sore throat, upper respiratory congestion, muscle aches, etc. - are consistent with the flu.

The ELISA test is extremely sensitive beginning at about 12 weeks after an initial exposure. For more information on HIV prevention and testing, go to http://www.thebody.com/basics.html.

Picker Uppers
Learning disability and HIV?