STD symptoms very scared.
Jan 28, 2004
HEy Doctor Horwath, I am curious do any other stds cause the same symptoms that HIV causes i.e. flue like symptoms etc, If so which ones cause them.
Response from Dr. Horwath
STD's do not usually cause flu-like symptoms. The symptoms of primary infection with syphillis, gonorrhea, and most STD's are primarily in the genital area, although some of the symptoms of syphillis (eg. skin rash) may become more generalized in later stages.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Chances Of Getting Hiv By Having Sex One Time With A Positive Person
- How To Treat Hiv Rash?
- What Are The Ways Can You Get Chlamydia?
- What Does Chlamydia Feel Like?
- What Does A Herpes Simplex Outbreak Feel Like?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.