signs of hiv in three yr old

hi, I was wondering if I took my son down to get an hiv test would it be able to tell whether or not he has it, he's been sick lately with fever, bacterial infection (his 1st time), his eyes were once blood shot, constant cough. please help me, help him. thank you so much and God bless

Response from Dr. Horwath

You are describing symptoms that are common in children (fever, cough, etc). These are not reasons to suspect HIV infection in a 3 year old.

At the age of 3, peri-natal infection is the only likely source. If his mother is HIV+, then he should have had an HIV test already. If she is not, then he doesn't need one.

Dr. Horwath, mental illnesses, and the brain's functioning
Running away won't spare your loved ones