The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Mental Health and HIVMental Health and HIV
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I need therapy

Dec 22, 2003

I have United Health Care Insurance through my Domestic partner. It pays 50 of therapy sessions. I need therapy but cannot affford the co-pay. none of the AIDS organizations here will help. Any suggestions in getting help in Wilton Manors/FtLauderdale Fl.

Response from Mr. Shernoff

I can't believe that none of the AIDS service organizations in or near Ft. Lauderdale are not able to refer you to good therapists whoe have a sliding scale. This is what you specifically must ask them to do, as well as make the same request of the the gay community center there. So while they themselves may not offer the service you want, they certainly do have theknowledge of who in the community might be able to be of help.

Michael Shernoff, MSW

Lymph nodes

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint