I need therapy

I have United Health Care Insurance through my Domestic partner. It pays 50 of therapy sessions. I need therapy but cannot affford the co-pay. none of the AIDS organizations here will help. Any suggestions in getting help in Wilton Manors/FtLauderdale Fl.

Response from Mr. Shernoff

I can't believe that none of the AIDS service organizations in or near Ft. Lauderdale are not able to refer you to good therapists whoe have a sliding scale. This is what you specifically must ask them to do, as well as make the same request of the the gay community center there. So while they themselves may not offer the service you want, they certainly do have theknowledge of who in the community might be able to be of help.

Michael Shernoff, MSW

Lymph nodes
Depression