Dec 16, 2003
Hi doctor Horwath,
I was wondering if stress causes thrush, I heard that it did but wasn't sure, if stress causes thrush; would the thrush caused by stress still bleed when you brushed it?
Response from Dr. Horwath
Thrush is a Candidal infection, which is caused by failure of the immune system to protect against fungal infections. It is not caused by stress.
However, stress can contribute to health problems in a number of ways. Severe stress can contribute to insomnia, exhaustion, and other problems that affect one's health.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Do You Know If You Have Shingles?
- Sore On Tongue After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.