lexapro-vs-celexa

Hello-in Nove. 03-I started taking lexapro-5 mg-once a day-After a month on the med. I had a significant improvement in mood. Then I was told that my insurance would not pay for the med. I was switched to celexa 10mg. per day. I was told that it is essentially the same med. I seem to have lost the improvement in my mood though. Is lexapro and celexa the same. perhaps my mood change is not related to the med. change. please respond soon if possible-I have been so depressed and if the med is different-rather than suffering I want to try to get back on lexapro again. Thank you

Response from Dr. Horwath

Lexapro and Celexa are similar drugs, but not the same. First, these 2 drugs are most effective at different doses. The usual dose range for Celexa is 20 - 40 mg/day. Lexapro 5 mg/day is approximately equivalent to Celexa 20 mg/day. If you didn't respond to 10 mg of Celexa, you may do better with 20 mg/day.

need an aids survivor group
Memory Problems Getting Worse .....