SEROCONVERSION....oral.

Dear doctor,

Is dry mouth a common symptom of seroconversion? I am curious, though it is a symptom of sress, I do not see any info on it about seroconversion. Thanks

Response from Dr. Horwath

No dry mouth is not a typical symptom of HIV seroconversion. The viral syndrome that occurs 2-4 weeks after infection is commonly accompanied by fever, lymphadenopathy, rash, and mouth ulcers.

Dry mouth is a symptom of anxiety and depression, and it is also a common side effect of some medications, such as antihistamines (Bendaryl, etc) and antidepressants.

SINUSITIS
Treatment for Newly Diagnosed