Identifying sustiva problems

I've been on sustiva for a couple of weeks now and have heard about the sleep problems that can happen.

I didn't really know what to expect. I've been waking up constantly during the night. Really affecting my performance at work.

Do you think this is because of the sustiva or maybe just general anxiety about starting medication for the first time?

How long can I expect it to go on?

thank you, Barry

Response from Dr. Horwath

Sustiva is associated with a number of adverse effects, especially early in the treatment, within the first several weeks of starting the drug. Common adverse effects are insomnia, vivid dreams & nightmares, depression, hallucinations, poor concentration, mood changes, and dysequilibrium (losing one's balance). In most people who experience these symptoms, they are transient (few weeks or few months). There are some reports that some people have more persistent side effects, and also reports of drug discontinuation due to intolerable adverse effects.

I would advise speaking to your doctor about this. He may want to give you something to help you sleep for a few weeks, in the hope that this will pass by then, or you might choose another strategy.

swollen axillary lymph nodes
Questio 2-4 weeks