Getting more depressed

I've been getting extremely depressed lately. I've been HIV+ for 6 years now and on treatment for the last five. There have been days that I've just wanted to take all my medication at once and sit back and wait to die.

I'm also unemployed, which doesn't help any because I'm basically a recluse now. I quit my job after nine months of commuting at least three hours a day because I could not handle the time it took to commute. I would sleep at my desk sometimes and try to catch some sleep during breaks and lunch. But I was still getting about 3-5 hours of sleep.

My partner & I moved from one area of the state to the other so he could have his dream job. The area of the country we live in has a huge military influence, three military bases within 20 minutes drive of each other. I've been to a few interviews where I've told them we moved so my partner would be closer to his job and I would search for something in the area. I get the vacant stare like you would give someone with three heads.

My CD4 has slipped a little from mid-900s to mid-500s. I don't think that is much to worry about because my viral load is still undetectable.

I'm just feeling so low that there doesn't seem to be the need to improve.

Response from Mr. Shernoff

There are obviously so many unresolved issues and strong feelings going on that are adding to the stress you feel. I urge you to find a good therapist who is gay friendly and HIV sophisticated in order for you to have a professional with whom you can talk about all of these things.

The level of hopelessness and despair that you are expressing would certainly benefit from professional help.

Michael Shernoff, MSW

Need Direction
Complication due to regimen?