Need Direction

I'm 33, was diagnosed HIV this summer. I'm okay with most of what's going on in my life and I'm doing well now that I've started my meds. What I'm looking for...what I need and can't find...is a pychologist, psychiatrist, counselor..etc..who has real experience dealing with people like myself, whom I can talk to. I've never felt "lost" like this before. I've gone to several community counselors but they weren't much help. Is there a directory where I can find experienced counselors to go to in my city? Any help is appreciated.

Response from Mr. Shernoff

Your best bet is to do two things. First ask your primary care doctor who is treating you for HIV to refer you to a skilled mental health professional who has extensive experience in working with people living with HIV. He or she must have colleagues to who they have referred other patients for years. Additionally you can call the local AIDS service organization and ask them for referrals also.

Michael Shernoff, MSW

Infecteed from first ime experience
Getting more depressed