The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Mental Health and HIVMental Health and HIV
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary


Nov 5, 2003

I have been living with AIDS since 1999, I have been on just about every drug that is on the market.The meds are not working for me.I have spent a good portion of this year in the hospital for many different reasons (all related to having AIDS).I tried to kill myself back in May and was in a coma for 3 days, and then spent the next three weeks in the mental ward.They did nothing for me when I was in there, except for feed me drugs that made me feel even worst.After about two months of taking the drugs I slowly took myself off of them.I live in Pa and I can't find anyone that knows how to deal with someone living with this in my area.I was hoping that you know of someone or place that I can go to to get some help with my depression.I feel that if I don't get help soon, That I am going to try and kill myself again.I live in NEPA about 30 min. outside of Allentown.I am hoping that you will be able to give me some names or places that I can go to for HELP.Thank You Kindly Larry

Response from Mr. Shernoff

I am totally unfamliar with any resources in your area. My only thought is to call the major AIDS organization in Philadelphia, (unfortunately I don't know the name but it should be easy enough to find)and ask them about what resources are near to you.

Michael Shernoff, MSW

My GF refuses to 'talk' to anyone
Hiv encephalopathy

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint